Today, I tried to configure my BB 10 device with gmail account, as I was very curious to check BB Hub functionality. While doing so, I experienced an issue
“Your account – Gmail – email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org cannot be authenticated with your service provider.
Please make sure that the account settings are correct.”
While looking up for the problem, I found a solution that involves setting my account up as an Active Sync account.It will provide all the awesome functionality like Google services back up and running.
- Swipe down from the top bezel
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Complete all desired and required fields – Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
- Select Next
- Select your desired personal information items for synchronization
We have done it..!!